slam BIGGEST HITSslam buzz CONCERTS
slambuzz RADIOMUSIC

AVRIL LAVIGNE 'MARRIED TOO YOUNG'


'Girlfriend' singer Avril Lavigne decided to split from Sum 41 rocker Deryck Whibley because she ''finally'' realised it was a mistake to marry at 21.

Avril Lavigne is getting divorced because she "married too young".

The 'Girlfriend' singer - who announced she was separating from Sum 41 rocker Deryck Whibley last week - has "finally" realised tying the knot at 21 was a mistake.

An insider told People magazine: "She married too young and she finally realised that. Avril realised she needs her own life and needs to explore things without him."

The 24-year-old star married Deryck in a private Catholic ceremony in 2006. They had been dating since 2004.

But even though their three-year marriage is over, Avril has vowed to stay friends with her estranged husband.

In a statement on her website, the star said: "Deryck and I have been together for six-and-a-half years. We have been friends since I was 17, started dating when I was 19, and married when I was 21. I am grateful for our time together, and I am grateful and blessed for our remaining friendship.

"I admire Deryck and have a great amount of respect for him. He is the most amazing person I know, and I love him with all my heart. Deryck and I are separating and moving forward on a positive note."

Deryk was said to be "crushed" when Avril "walked out on him" but claimed their separation was amicable in a posting on his own blog.
source: http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/avril-lavigne-married-too-young_1116564

AVRIL LAVIGNE 'MARRIED TOO YOUNG'SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend