slam BIGGEST HITSslam buzz CONCERTS
slambuzz RADIOMUSIC

Mika's terror over TV interview

Shy pop star Mika was so terrified about a TV interview earlier this month, he had to be dragged back into the studio after running out in fear.

The Grace Kelly hitmaker admits he is only confident while performing - and nearly pulled out of an appearance on talk show Friday Night with Jonathan Ross after realising he'd have to chat to the host after comedian Ricky Gervais.

He explains, "When I'm on stage I can appear strong. But in real life I'm not. The other day, when I was on Jonathan Ross, I was sitting there next to Ricky Gervais and Jamie Oliver and I was like, 'I'm in hell - I'm in hell! What am I doing here?'

"I was around two of the most self-assured, ebullient people, who know how to swagger and talk. I actually ran off twice and they had to keep coming back to get me. I feel inept. I feel like I should be better at it and I think it's really not a good thing. I'm not proud of it at all.

"If I go to a party and I don't know anyone I'll still be the one sitting in the corner, drinking too much! Then I'll leave, being angry that no one spoke to me - but of course it's all my fault that they didn't."
source:http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com/dyna/article.html?a=/22092009/364/mika-s-terror-tv-interview.html&e=l_news_dm

Mika's terror over TV interviewSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend