slam BIGGEST HITSslam buzz CONCERTS
slambuzz RADIOMUSIC

Kanye West Finally Apologizes to Taylor Swift


After Taylor Swift's Tuesday appearance on The View, the country singer received a telephone call from rapper Kanye West, who apologized for his behavior Sunday night at the MTV Video Music Awards.

"Kanye did call me, and he was very sincere in his apology, and I accepted that apology," Swift told ABC News Radio.

She added that she believes there won't be any conflict in the future.

Earlier in the day, Swift appeared on The View and said that while she would accept a face-to-face apology from the rapper – "Sure!" – he has made no effort to get in touch with her since disrupting her best female video award acceptance speech at Sunday's VMAs.

"He has not personally reached out or anything," she said, "but if he wanted to say hi..."

The singer explained what was going through her mind Sunday night as she watched West grab the microphone and announce that her award should have gone to Beyoncé.

"My overall thought process went something like, 'Wow, I can't believe I won. This is awesome. Don't trip and fall. I'm going to get to thank the fans, this is so cool ... Oh, Kanye West is here! Cool haircut! What are you doing there? And then, ouch. And then, I guess I'm not going to thank the fans.' "

West apologized on his blog later that night, and on Monday, he told Jay Leno that he'd like to apologize.

"I'm not going to say that I wasn't rattled by it," said Swift on The View, "but I had to perform live five minutes later so I had get myself back to the place where I could perform."

Swift said she was touched by the outpouring of support from fans and fellow singers like Kelly Clarkson, who blogged that West was "a sad human being."

"I just never imagined that there were that many people out there looking out for me, so it was really wonderful to see that people were out there defending me so I didn't have to."
source:
http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20302940_20304567,00.html?xid=rss-fullcontentcnn

Kanye West Finally Apologizes to Taylor SwiftSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend